Thursday, April 7, 2016

Life With Our Sweet New Baby


Things have only slowed down just enough to recover and recharge after having baby Joel in February.  He was born on the 22nd, right on his due date and made a grand entrance with his shocking red hair! The whole family has been overjoyed to have this little precious baby a part of our daily chaos. I have been enjoying the short moments of quiet while holding his tiny little body at night while the rest of the house sleeps. Joel is up! His sweet baby talk and bright eyes make me smile and even giggle a little, even at 3am.


It seems as though I have very little brain power left to accomplish my weighty goals each day. It may be a combo of baby brain and lack of sleep keeping me from my "normal" days. I have decided that when a day is in many areas disfunctional, not to push too hard to stay on track, but to back off and try to get as much accomplished as we can without being too picky about how or when it gets done. On those type of days I may just blow my top for no reason if I push too hard. I make a pot of coffee or a cup of tea (or 5) and take the day slow and steady. This is what life is like with 7 small children!


This week we have begun a new school year! It feels so nice to be somewhat back in the swing of things. I have added some new subjects to my kiddos curriculum and I am feeling very satisfied with my choices so far. We used to take every Monday off of school to catch up on chores and do errands but I have decided that my chores won't ever get done so why not take off Fridays and enjoy the weekend with my kids doing something fun?


I have so many things I want to write these days but I just don't have the energy for it, and that must be ok, right? I have a 6 week old baby boy and 6 other children under 10 years old. The laundry and dishes are never completely done but I choose to have a smile on my face and to cherish my little people for the days are slipping away too fast!


I hope you are having a blessed week.

~Leslye

5 comments:

  1. Joel is so precious and you look beautiful Leslye! I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thoughts and perspective. Even with an 8 month old and all my teens, I was the last one in the shower for the day and I wasnt getting in until 5:30 pm!!! Slow, steady, I had a good day of homeschooling and time with the kids, teaching, counseling, laughing, scolding. You are doing a beautiful work for the Lord!! God bless and rest in Him!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blogs, thanks for your honesty and keeping it real...I can so relate! You are beautiful inside and out. I can't believe you have a little red head..how does that happen? So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red hair....so precious and sweet! He looks absolutely adorable. Enjoy the days of little people. They really do grow so fast. Some days the days are slow but the years oh they go too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great picture of you two!

    ReplyDelete