Friday, August 21, 2015

I Don't and I Can't Do It ALL #FiveMinuteFriday

Lately I do not have alot of time to blog. I do not have time to do a lot of the things that I like to do. Because of...well...the obvious! I have 6 little kids. But I decided that I do have 5 minutes to just write a quick blog post. Hooray!! So here is my first #FiveMinuteFriday.



I have been thinking of ways to streamline things to get more done in my day. I am overwhelmed with so much all of the time and I honestly do not have time for all of what I want to get done. So I have decided that during this season of my life I will offer myself grace. I will embrace the season of undone things. I am such a huge critic of myself, just the fact that I am saying this rubs me the wrong way, but it must be said. If you have many small children there may be times in your life when you wont get it all done. There will be dishes in your sink, your laundry will be piling up, your kids will eat fast food, you will cheat on your diet, you will forget important things, you will loose sleep, you will oversleep, you will loose your temper, you will cry, you will laugh at inappropriate times, you will wear dirty clothes to the store, you will go somewhere and your kids have not brushed their hair, you will forget to make a grocery list, you will homeschool without a schedule, you will forget to brush your hair, you will spill the milk all over the kitchen. you will make mistakes, you will BE NORMAL!!!

So many times I have beat myself up for being normal. I try to do the best I can. And that must be okay! It is okay that I am not perfect, that my mommy skills are not perfected, that I am not a perfect homemaker or the perfect wife. It is just fine. God gives us grace, why not offer yourself the same grace and enjoy the time with your children and husband while you can. Focus on God and teaching your children about Him and everything else will be there another day.

Luke 10:40-42  But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.  (41)  And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:  (42)  But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

2 comments:

  1. This post made me smile!! So true! The children will grow super fast and someday I think we will look back and not remember the messes but all the sweet memories we made.

    ReplyDelete