Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Time Saving Tips


How do you get it all done? I get this question a lot. Truth be told, being a mom of 6, I don't get everything done. That in itself is key. I don't try to do it all. If I did I would still not be able to get everything done and I would go crazy trying. Over time I have figured out ways to save myself time and my sanity. This post will be the first post in a series called, Time Saving Tips for Families.

The first tip I want to share with you is a huge help. I came up with this idea when I wanted to make it to my favorite thrift store, the Goodwill, on dollar day (everything is $1 that is a certain color tag) In order to find those hot items I would have to be there Thursday morning right when the doors open at 9 am. Maybe for a normal person it might be a little easier to get ready and be at the door ready for it to open. But for me, I had 5 small children plus myself to get ready. On Wednesday night we have church. I always change my kids clothes right before we leave for church on Wednesday so that they are fresh and clean. This is how I came up with the idea to have my kids go to bed in their clothes after we get home from church on Wednesday night. That way, when I get them up early Thursday morning they are already dressed! This worked out so well that I could drive to almost any Goodwill in Phoenix and still make it there before it opened. I saved my family a lot of money shopping dollar days. Good ole days. They don't have that kind of sale here in Ft Worth. But hey, any time I need to get out the door in a hurry the next day. I just have the kids get dressed the night before. Hope this post will help you get where you need to go early in the morning and save you from getting stressed out by the logistics of it all.  Blessings to you this week!


2 comments:

  1. I have Done this before....lol it is always terrible when someone wets the bed in their ready to roll out the door clothes...lol =).

    ReplyDelete