Friday, June 20, 2014

Oatmeal Pancakes

Instead of using the same ole recipe I always use for pancakes, I changed it up a bit and used oatmeal instead of flour. They turned out really good, so I want to share my recipe with you.

Oatmeal Pancakes
2 1/2 or more cups oats
6 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp sugar
1 2/3 cups milk
4 Tbsp oil
2 eggs beaten

Heat large skillet or hot plate while preparing pancake batter. I set mine to 325 degrees. Blend your oats in blender until smooth (makes about 2 cups flour), in bowl or stand mixer add flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Mix together. In a large liquid measuring cup, beat 2 eggs, add milk and oil, stir. Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture and mix just until combined.

Pour pancake batter using a 1/3 measuring cup onto hot plate. Start to pour batter in the middle of where you want it to spread out and you will get round pancakes. Cook until bubbly on one side and flip, about 1 or 2 minutes on each side, remove immediately. Stack all of them up on a plate.


Serve with lots of butter and syrup of your choice. We love Log Cabin around here ;) Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. Oh, this looks good! Does it taste like white flour pancakes or whole wheat pancakes more?

    I am craving pancakes and last night we made them with hard red, fresh ground wheat....um no!!! Those did not fly with my taste buds! I had a whole bucket of soft wheat berries but my grinder person did not grind those! Now, I gotta make them again, so I was wondering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are pretty close to white flour. I do make them using whole wheat flour, and these don't have that hearty taste of wheat that I think you are talking about :) hope that helps. Give them a try!

      Delete
  2. I am glad to have this recipe now since we have some allergic to wheat! Just came by today looking specifically for it so I can make them some. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete