Thursday, March 13, 2014

20 Weeks 4 Days Pregnant

the bump at 20 weeks 4 days

I made it half way! I usually enjoy the 2nd trimester. I feel my best and I usually sleep well. This pregnancy has been different for me. I have had a lot of pain this pregnancy. More days than not. It is mostly sciatic nerve pain, but I am also having round ligament pain and other aches and pains that have no known cause. Other than the pains I am having, I am feeling pretty good during the day. I have been taking an herbal tincture to support my immune system and I really like it. I can definitely tell a difference when I am not taking it and I would recommend taking it if you have trouble with illness during pregnancy. It is called Wish Garden Immune Boost for Pregnancy. I am also considering taking another tincture by Wish Garden called Sleepy Nights, because I am not sleeping well. I keep telling my brain to shut down but it seems to want to work overtime at 2 am... It is not good, busy pregnant mama's need their rest! Wish Garden has a large selection of different herbs and herbal mixtures made just for pregnancy and postpartum, check out their website.

I am also very emotional this pregnancy and I cry a lot. I can't help it...I really don't like being a basket case. My husband is amazingly supportive right now. He is willing to listen and put up with my emotional outburst whenever I need him to. It is not like me, to just cry every time something makes me happy, mad, sad, or otherwise. Hopefully my hormones will balance out soon and I then can stop being such a cry baby.

I decided it is time to finally switch out my wardrobe for maternity clothes. I still fit into a lot of my pre pregnancy clothes, which has been nice. Before I got pregnant with this baby I lost about 25 pounds (that's a guess, because I do not own a scale). I was on an eating plan, that my friend recommended to me, called Trim Healthy Mama. I tell everyone about my success and how easy it is to loose weight eating on plan. Although I do not agree with some of their food suggestions, the principals can still be applied and work effectively for weight loss. I was also doing Trim Healthy Mama when I started my pregnancy. I was having some issues early on, so I discontinued THM for a while. During pregnancy your body has different needs than before, so it is important to listen to your body and do what is right for you.

I can feel the baby move every day, he is very active. I am thrilled to have made it this far.  My days are very busy with caring for my husband and the littles, homeschooling, and house keeping. I hardly notice that the weeks have passed, which is a blessing, since I am anxious to meet our new little one!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Going to check out that site now! I am glad you are doing well, except for the crying and emotions. Maybe some Native American Nutritional essential oil, Calming, would help that.

    hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to check out that site as well, I too have a hard time sleeping. Last night I was up til 3am!! I need sleeeeep! I just seem to think of everything under the sun, or moon I guess.. Lol. So happy this pregnancy is going well for you now :) God is definitely taking care of you. See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete