Thursday, February 27, 2014

My Favorite Crock Pot Meals - Part 1

I love to make crock pot meals, they are perfect for any day, but especially when you wont have time later to whip up dinner.  This is the first post in a series I will call "My Favorite Crock Pot Meals"

I was given this recipe years ago by a friend who made it for me. It is ALWAYS a hit, no matter who I am serving.

Crock Pot Swiss Chicken and Stuffing

Grease a large crock pot before adding ingredients
Put in 6-8 boneless skinless chicken breasts ( I have also used boneless skinless chicken thighs and strips)
Use 1 can cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup to generously coat the top of each piece of chicken
Put Swiss cheese slices over the top of the chicken until it is covered ( I like to use almost a 1/2 pound)
Then add 2 cups seasoned stuffing right over the top
Melt 1 cup of real butter and pour over stuffing
Cook on high heat for 4-6 hours or low heat for 6-8 hours (my crock pot is not a very hot temp crock pot, so you may need to adjust your cook time or temp to make this recipe work in your crock pot)

Serve with a side of veggies
Serves 4-6

Tips: If your chicken meal turns out too dry try adjusting temp or cook time, or add 1/2 cup milk in with your butter to see if that helps.

Hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!

1 comment: