Thursday, August 22, 2013

Adjusting


Every time we add a new little one to our family it seems as though there is quite a bit of adjusting that takes place. A baby all on it's own goes through many changes in the first year of it's life. Well the same is true for a family that adds a new baby to the brood. I always think I am getting things figured out and then, out of nowhere, things need adjusting. My schedule gets messed up. Things are not getting done and homeschool needs tweaking. Just like a gear needs oil every now and again to run smoothly, so does our family. SO where does this "oil" come from?

I am often searching out new ideas to fix the things in our family that aren't preforming in the way they should. My husband may be doing the same thing. The obvious start to fixing any sort of squeaky gear is to start praying for wisdom and guidance. Now if you are going to pray for wisdom, be prepared to go looking for it. I don't believe that the answers you are searching for will fall out of the sky. You must seek out a solution. Read you Bible and make applications. But what about details?

Let me give you an example of what I am talking about.

I noticed that I had very little time to do what needed to be done throughout the day. What is the problem? I couldn't get the laundry done without sacrificing in some other area. I could not get the laundry done if I am standing at a sink full of dishes for hours a day.

You see what I am saying?

Now for the solution. At first I started praying. I would ask Him to guide my steps and help me to get the things done that needed done. Also that He would give me wisdom in every area that I am lacking. Then it seems as though my problem started turning into a solution. I told my husband about my problem. He was then able to start helping me think of ways to solve it. He told me that he thought it would be a good idea to look into getting a dishwasher. Since washing dishes would take up hours of my time that could be spent doing other things, it just seemed logical to get a dishwasher. Now the only problem was that we could not afford a dishwasher. So at that time it was just a hope of ours. Still every day I would pray that God would help me and give me wisdom and guidance. Not long after that, I found a portable dishwasher on Freecycle. I immediately requested the item.  Before we heard back a response, my husband and I prayed that if the dishwasher was going to be a good functioning appliance, that we would be the ones that were chosen to receive that gift. Later that night I received an email telling me that someone else had been chosen, but if for some reason that person did not show up to get it, that I would be contacted.  But, the very next night, I got an email from the man that was offering the dishwasher, that said the person who was suppose to pick it up never came and that I could have it. I was overjoyed! God had answered our prayer! Turns out the dishwasher was bought brand new and only used a few times. It was in "like new" condition!!!

The reason I wanted to share that story with you is to hopefully be an encouragement to you. Sometimes life is just thrown at you. What are you going to do about it? Well, you could do what I did and start by seeking God's help.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I've been trying to explain this to people. No one just magically adjusts overnight. It takes me a a bit to figure it out. :D But what blessings they are!

    ReplyDelete