Saturday, June 8, 2013

Cloth Diapering...what I'm working with


Recently I bought some used pocket diapers. They were all in good condition and the price was right! With these pocket diapers I now finally have enough diapers to cloth diaper full time. I still use disposables at night, and on occasion I will try out cloth overnight. The biggest issue I have with cloth diapering overnight is leaks. I sleep with my baby in my bed. If her diaper were to leak it would be a mess. I have learned that I can double up my inserts for overnight protection. I just wanted to share with you what I am working with these days. I still use my:
Baby Beehinds
and g diapers.
Additions to my stash are:

Sunbaby
Bum Genius
Thirsties
and KaWaii

I also have a few other pocket diapers that do not have labels. So far they have worked out great. I have changed my wash routine a bit. I now do a cold rinse, hot wash with detergent (same), and a cold rinse. I have 2 pail liners. They are lined with PUL...at least they used to be. Since changing my wash routine to hot washes instead of warm the lining has been slowly coming off of them. But they still serve their purpose (to hold dirty diapers until washing day)... Also my g diapers have little tabs that you snap the liner into, those little tabs along with the elastic on the liners seem to be wearing out in the hot washes as well.  I may change my routine back to warm washes again since discovering these problems.

I have a friend who just started cloth diapering her toddler. So awesome!! She has been so generous and has given me a wet bag to use in my diaper bag and a diaper sprayer which has made cloth diapering even easier.  Now I don't have to worry about carrying a dirty diaper around in my diaper bag and I can spray the poo off of Mary's dirty diapers since she is eating solid foods now. What a blessing!

My favorite of all of the pocket diapers is the Kawaii diaper. I really like the minky outer (pictured above) and the fit. The snaps are adjustable so that you can get the perfect fit around the legs and waist. An added bonus to these diapers is that they are affordable! Yes! They are right around $10 each, brand new. Since I like these so much I am going to start buying them little by little. That way when my other diapers start to wear out, they wont wear out all at once and I wont have to stop cloth diapering like I want to. Because buying 20 new or used cloth diapers all at once is not affordable but buying a few here and there will solve that problem. If you are interested in cloth diapering I would recommend Kawaii. There are several different styles to choose from and the price tag wont kill you.

Stay tuned for more cloth diaper updates.


No comments:

Post a Comment