Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tips for the Busy Mama

On my quest to find a more organized way to function in our family of 7, I came across some tips that I would like to share with you.

#1  Put unsightly clutter in a basket or bin

Not only does this create a place for all of your stuff to go, but it also gives you the clean look without necessarily being "clean". You can find good deals on baskets and bins at the Goodwill. But you may have make several trips to find something to fit your clutter perfectly. Here is what the top of my fridge looks like with a few helpful baskets from the thrift store.


Corral your paper clutter

 
#2  A Command Center.
 
Not only is it the area where we put our calendar of events, it also is a place for communication to happen. I keep the meal plans for the week here. I keep my to do list here. I also keep the kids schedule and chore list here too. Another helpful thing to have right where everyone can see, is an All Out Of list. That way if my husband or I see that we are out of something we can write it here. Then I just use this as my shopping list. I found these helpful notepads at Target's dollar spot. For only a dollar, they are worth a try...
 
#3 A dirty sock bag.
 
 
My friend gave me this idea and it is working great for all of the kids socks. This way their socks do not get lost. They can take off their dirty socks, stick them right into the bag. Then on laundry day, I take the bag, zip it up and throw it directly into the washing machine. Because it is a mesh bag, all of the socks get clean. Once they are washed and dried I take them out of the bag, pair them up, and put them into their drawers.  Here I labeled 1 bag for all of the girls socks because they share a room. Better yet you could have a bag for each of your kids, write their name on the bag and you know exactly who they belong too when they come out of the dryer.  NO MORE mismatched sock basket! Another good way to keep track of who's socks are who's is to have the boys in your family wear black socks and the girls in your family wear white socks. :)

Hope that you find these tips helpful and find ways to use them in your home too. Have a blessed week.
 


1 comment:

  1. These are good tips. I need more baskets!

    Raani

    ReplyDelete