Thursday, April 18, 2013

World Wildlife Zoo Fieldtrip

We recently went on a fieldtrip to the World Wildlife Zoo with our church homeschool families. We had a great time even though the wind was blowing like crazy. The whole zoo was unlike any zoo I have ever been too. You can get a real close up look of the animals. I would highly recommend this zoo to anyone visiting the area.

Some highlights of the zoo were... the wallabies, which were out in the open just hoping right past us. We even got a glimpse of a baby in it's mother's pouch. It was so cool!!! Guinevere was chasing a baby wallaby around (so typical of her).  We were also able to feed some Lory Parrots as they landed directly on our hands and arms. It is a sort of exercise for them. I couldn't get a parrot to land on my hand so my friend let me tempt her parrot onto my hand with an apple. It was the first time I have ever had a bird eat from my hand.

All in all it was a fun time and memories were made. I just wished I would have taken more pictures...

 asleep right above our heads
 mama wallaby
 Glory being silly
looking at the duckies


No comments:

Post a Comment