Monday, April 22, 2013

Updated Baby Wipe Recipe

When I first started out making my own baby wipes I used a combination of  baby soap, olive oil, and water. I have changed my recipe quite a bit over time. I even used only water for a while. I found that using baby soap would cause my wipes to have a musty smell just after a few days of sitting in their container. Here is a new recipe that I really like and it is just as simple as before.

Homemade wipes 2

l airtight container 
Big enough to fit 1/2 roll of paper towels. I found mine at the 99 cent store.
1 roll of paper towels
2 cups filtered or distilled water
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
few drops of Tea Tree oil
You could substitute lavender essential oil

Mix wet ingredients in airtight container. Cut paper towel roll in half with a bread knife and remove center cardboard by placing your fingers in between the paper towels and cardboard roll and gently separating the two. Place halved paper towel roll into container, pour solution into the center of paper towels. After a few minutes the wipe solution will be evenly distributed throughout all of the paper towels.

I like to use these wipes for so much more than just changing diapers. Coconut oil has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties and so does tea tree oil. The two paired together make a great multi purpose wipe. You could even put this mixture into a spray bottle and use cloth wipes. So why not give this simple recipe a try?

1 comment: