Thursday, February 28, 2013

The buzz around here

The past few weeks have been a whirlwind. Let me start by telling you that I buried my grandma a couple weeks ago. It is still pretty fresh on my mind and it is always hard to say good bye to someone you love. When someone you love dies, it helps you to cherish those around you even more. It helps you to become more closely knitted to those people in your life that you hold dear. I am so grateful to God that He allowed me to have the opportunity to witness to my grandma before her passing. It has definitely helped me through this time of grieving to know that she is in heaven because she put her faith in Jesus Christ and Him alone to save her. I was gone for 4 whole days for the funeral. I was so glad to get back home. It took awhile to catch back up on things after being gone so long from my family but everything is back on track once again!

My grandma and I in 2006

Some friends of ours made a trip down here this past week from our home town. It was so nice to see them and their growing boys. We laughed together, we shared stories together and meals together, we even went to the zoo together. It was a fun time all week. I was so sad to say goodbye but alas they returned home to Grand Junction today.

Silas surfer boy
milking maid Glory
Look at dad's face...lol
trying to figure this out??!?

Next week Donnie will spend some time in Tucson going to school for his job. The kids and I will probably visit him and do a few things while we are there too, like visit Old Tucson and the Biospehere2. So hopefully we can make that happen!


Biosphere 2

Old Tucson


Like I said before it has been a whirlwind of events. It will be nice when things slow down a bit in the summer. I am starting to like the idea of a hot summer day! HAHA....maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment