Saturday, November 3, 2012

Home school

I am back to homeschooling the kids. This is the third week since taking a long break before and after the baby was born. The kids enjoy school very much. I try to include all the kiddos in some parts of our learning. We all read the bible together, practice our weekly memory verse, practice sitting quietly while reading (looking) at books, daily. A few times a week I will include Silas in the lesson I will be teaching the girls. Mostly it is just review for Guinevere and the lesson is for Glory. But the more times that they can hear something the more likely they will retain it long term. Guinevere is now in first grade and Glory is starting kindergarten. The hardest part of my lesson plans is trying to do them consistently every day with a new baby. The baby always needs tending to when I am in the middle of writing on the board or when I am teaching the kids a lesson. Of course! I am enjoying teaching my girls. They are so different. They both have strengths and areas to improve upon. I feel majorly blessed to be able to teach my own children. I can pick whatever I want for them to learn. And I can expand on areas they are needing help with. They are a great bunch of kids. Even the smaller ones are learning many things daily. I really enjoy teaching the Bible to my kids. They love to hear the stories over and over. Deuteronomy 6:5-7 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

No comments:

Post a Comment