Saturday, November 17, 2012

A Turkey Dinner

 Psalm 118:29 O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving day. Now that it just around the corner I am making my lists again. I am a list person. They work very well for me whenever trying to plan anything.This time it was a list of food items that I will be serving for Thanksgiving dinner. I am still perfecting my lists and adding things to the grocery list as they come to mind. The dinner list includes:
 Main Course:
 turkey
 mashed potatoes
 yams
 rolls or bread
 green beans
 stuffing
 salad
 cranberry relish
Dessert:
 pie
Appetizers:
 relish tray
 turkey cheese ball
 mixed nuts
Drinks:
 Tea
 Punch
 water
 Then I did the breakdown of how much I am going to need. This year I am planning to serve up to 15 guests, so my list went like this:
  25 people (extra food is always better than not enough)
 25 lbs turkey (whole)
 6 lbs. potatoes
 6 lbs yams
 4 loaves bread or 3 1/2 dozen rolls
 4 lbs green beans
 4 heads of lettuce
 8 cups gravy
 *undetermined amount of cranberry relish and stuffing
 *3 pies
 For appetizers my goal is to have around 120 pieces total. A relish tray will cover most of that and the turkey cheese ball with crackers and nuts on the side, will cover the rest. My next list I made is a list of groceries I will need to buy on my special Thanksgiving shopping trip. It looks similar to my list above only a little more broken down to include all necessary items to prepare the food accordingly.  It also includes:
Paper plates
Forks
Knives
Cups
Storage bags
Serving spoons
Foil dishes (for easy clean up)

Have fun planning YOUR special dinner and have a Happy Thanksgiving!




No comments:

Post a Comment