Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Baby lizard

 A few nights ago I spotted a baby lizard darting across the floor. At first I thought it was a scorpion. I was NOT looking forward to killing it. My husband had just left to go to the store to get a few things and I for sure wasn't going to stand by and let the scorpion hang out in my room until he could come home. So I took a closer look at the culprit and discovered it to be a baby lizard. It was only about an inch long and it was even a little bit cute. So I snapped this picture of it with my cell phone and sent it to my husband. He didn't believe me when I told him that the lizard was parked right there on his dresser. One thing I was sure about was the fact that I was not going to try to catch it. And since it wasn't going to sting me, I was just going to let my husband catch it when he got home. I watched him for a long time, while he just hung out on the dresser. But of course when I tried to write a blog post about it he ran and hid under our bed. Luckily my husband came home and was able to catch the little guy. He did break off his tail. But I heard that those grow back with time. The little lizard played dead while my husband tried to get a hold on him and take him outside. The kids were thrilled to see it up close. We put it outside into a bush. I sure do hope it lived. POOR GUY!

No comments:

Post a Comment