Thursday, April 26, 2012

Turning a quarter century



I had my birthday a couple days ago. And if you are wondering if I feel older, I have to say that just thinking that I am 25 makes me feel older. But as far as in my mind and body I don't feel like an old lady, because I am not. I am a spring chicken! Hahaha. I have memories from my childhood that seem like they were just yesterday.

Last Saturday my husband took me out for dinner for my birthday, with the kids in tow, of course. Some of our friends met up with us at a "family" restaurant called Buca Di Beppo's. Which is in fact NOT a family restaurant as far as I am concerned. The naked pictures on the walls were completely outrageous. I would not suggest that anyone go there.  ANYWAY... At the end of the night our friends treated us to ice cream at Coldstone Creamery, which has my favorite ice cream, cake batter! Once we were in the car to come home the kids asked if we were going to my birthday party now, HA, I had to explain that grown-ups don't always have birthday parties like kids have.

In the days leading up to my birthday I was blessed with so many cards and birthday wishes. I even found out that I will be an aunt for the FIRST time. My brother kept it a secret to surprise me for my birthday :) My mom sent me a gift in the mail and my in laws sent me a gift card and some cash to spend on myself! What a treat. On my actual birth day I spent my time with the kiddos and we had fun making play dough and watching movies. For dinner my husband made me a breakfast of Eggs Benedict and it was really delicious. Overall my day was great and I am grateful that I have so many people that love and care for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment