Monday, April 30, 2012

April showers bring May flowers...





May is going to be a very busy month. This week has already started off very busy (and it's not even May yet!).

Every other Sunday my husband and our family visit a nursing home where my husband preaches and we visit with the residents. I really enjoy this time. As some of you know I have a special place in my heart for the elderly, so naturally I am excited to be a part of this ministry. On these particular Sunday's our family does not return home all day. We live about 30 minutes from our church and it is not practical to drive home to spend an hour or so just to drive back to church for the evening service. What this means for my family is that, mornings are crazy getting ready to be out all day and my children do not get a proper nap in the afternoon. Nonetheless we enjoy ourselves a great deal.

Today has been just as hectic as a regular Monday but just to add to the commotion my husband started a new job today and has been at work for 12 hours and is still not home. I am not complaining at all, but when my husband comes home from work it helps to break up my day and make it not so complicated. I sure do love that man.

This weekend my in laws are coming to town and will be here for a few days. I am thrilled to see them and so is my whole family. I would say that the hardest thing about living 10 hours away from our parents is the inconvenient drive between us. Before my parents were less than 10 minutes away from us and my in laws were only 20. They will arrive on Thursday night and head back on Monday morning. This is just the beginning of my crazy month.

Monday afternoon is a home school field trip to the Sea life Aquarium in Tempe, hosted by our church. It is going to be great fun. That same week my sister will be arriving at Sky Harbor on Friday morning where I will pick her up and spend the day with her and her fiance. Saturday afternoon my girls and I will be attending a Ladies Tea in honor of Mother's Day. Then we will be returning to the rest home on Sunday afternoon.

 

The following weekend I will be flying to Grand Junction to help my sister pick out her wedding dress, as I am the Matron of Honor in her wedding and it is only tradition that I am suppose to be there to help her with such an important decision. My parents are footing the bill to fly me there as a gift to my sister and I both. I can't wait to see my family but I will definitely miss my family that will still be here in Phoenix. I am sure it will be mutual. My husband is really great with the kids and I know they will be well cared for. This trip will conclude my crazy month ( I think...)

Having crazy times like these sure help to pass the time as I am waiting for baby #5 to get here, and looking forward to my sister's wedding in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment