Saturday, December 3, 2011

Make your own baby wipes

A couple of years back some friends of ours, who have 9 children, showed us how to make wipes using paper towels. I didn't think too much of it, until recently. As I wrote in an earlier post I am trying to use coupons. And after finding a coupon for $1 off of paper towels I decided I was going to try to save money in other ways too. That's when I recalled my friends making their own baby wipes. Around our house we go through a TON of wipes. Between dirty diapers, wiping dirty hands, faces, feet, and the kids playing with them, it amazes me how many we use. Here is a very inexpensive way to make wipes out of items you probably already have on hand. For each "package" I make, it costs me right around 50 cents versus right under 2 dollars a package for these wipes.

Homemade wipes

l airtight container (big enough to fit 1/2 roll of paper towels)
1 roll of paper towels (the good kind)
2 cups filtered or distilled water
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp baby wash

Mix wet ingredients in airtight container. Cut paper towel roll in half and remove center cardboard. Place halved paper towel roll into container along with your solution. Close container and turn upside down to evenly coat the paper towels. That's it now pull from the center of roll when in need of a wipe.

I used this baby wash and olive oil from my pantry. These wipes work really well. At first I was sceptical about the durablity and how efficiently they would do the job. But I have found that they work GREAT. They smell nice, leave no residue, and I know what's in them! I will be using these from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment